As a full-service law firm, we can draw on the collective knowledge and expertise of all of our practice areas – from Commercial and Employment to Litigation – to find a solution that works for you. If the situation demands we make use of specialist barristers and, through our membership of Ally Law, we have access to over 61 member law firms worldwide.
Marine activities have always been an inherently risky affair, and despite best intentions and planning, things can and often do go wrong. Maritime ventures are governed by a frequently frustratingly complex matrix of common law, precedent, legislation, rules, bylaws and International Conventions. Having a seasoned, safe pair of hands in your corner can prove invaluable.
The team at McVeagh Fleming understands that a flexible, realistic approach will usually yield far greater dividends than an overly pedantic, legalistic stance in many commercial transactions.
At McVeagh Fleming, we will not treat you like a number but will listen, take the time to understand your requirements and provide you with pragmatic, practical advice with as little jargon as possible. We want to be your first and only port of call for maritime matters. Give us a call and come aboard.
Areas of expertise
- Vessel sale and purchase
- Vessel ownership structures and vehicles (on and off-shore)
- Ship registration (Domestic and Open-Registry)
- Chartering arrangements (i.e., Demise (Bareboat), Time and Voyage)
- New build construction and vessel refit agreements
- Vessel and crew management agreementsShip financing and mortgages
- Maritime Labour Convention (MLC) Compliant Seafarer Employment
- Agreements (SEA)
- Advising on compliance-related matters (Domestic and Convention)
- Admiralty matters
- Dispute resolution (Formal and Informal).