Consumer and Commercial Lawyers
Here is a list of a few of the many statutory examples for which you may need advice or awareness to navigate or handle. Many other statutes, codes, regulations, and rules govern or regulate commerce in New Zealand. There are also significant common law and equity rules that will impact many issues that arise in business.
- Contract and Commercial Law Act 2017
- Commerce Act 1986
- Credit Contracts and Consumer Finance Act 2003
- Consumer Guarantees Act 1993
- Fair Trading Act 1986
McVeagh Fleming can help you identify and comply with these laws, enforce your rights, or otherwise deal with the many commercial legal issues or problems you are likely to encounter, whether as a business or a consumer. Get advice on how you may avoid the negative implications of these many rules and regulations or take better advantage of the legal protections available to you.
Get it right first time. The legislative requirements for incorporation and operation – including your company’s relationship with creditors, directors and shareholders – could be the difference between success or failure.
Contract issues for Auckland businesses
Contract law is an integral part of the core legal services that McVeagh Fleming provides. Our contract specialists offer a full range of review, advice, negotiation and drafting services on commercial contracts. Talk to McVeagh Fleming about all your needs and more when it comes to:
- Joint venture agreements
- Distribution and supply contracts
- Shareholder agreements
- Service contracts licences
- Sale and purchase agreements of all kinds
- Construction and building contracts
- Management agreements
- Terms of trade
- Web terms
- Confidentiality agreements
- Restraints of trade
- Contracts of service (independent contractors as opposed to employment agreements/employees).