Residential Property – Buying & Selling

Taking the hassle out of buying and selling property. Buying or selling property is an exciting time, full of promise and potential and risk – risk that you are viewing it through rose tinted glasses. McVeagh Fleming can help you gain clear insight on your property transaction.

Residential property transactions

Buying a home or selling a residential property can be an overwhelming experience, a rollercoaster of highs and lows; it’s easy to get lost in the forest of paperwork, financial arrangements, rules and regulations that govern the process. The team at McVeagh Fleming have vast experience, and the insights that come with that experience, in the legal transfer of ownership from one party to another.

A McVeagh Fleming solicitor should be your first stop on the residential property journey than involves a lot more than just shuffling paperwork. Whether you are building, buying off-plan, purchasing an existing freehold property or one with certain caveats, you want to make the process as safe, easy and risk free as possible for yourself.

Documents you will need include the Sellers Property Information form, Fixtures, Fittings and Contents form, Certificate of Title, Land Information Memorandum, Plan, your property inspection report and the Mortgage Deed and transfer for signing. Talk to us about how we can help set you up for success.

Services include:

  • Checking land titles and conducting searches for the property
  • Liaising with the buyer’s/seller’s solicitor to complete the transaction
  • Representing your interests to the other party
  • Advising you on special conditions, cross leases, freehold, leasehold and unit title matters
  • Processing key documents
  • Checking financial statements, tax returns and land registry.

Recent Insights

September 2021

Are You Sure You Want To Give That Warranty?

When you are selling a property it is common to list the 'Chattels' which you are to be selling with the building. Chattels are items which are able to be removed from a property without too much effort, and which were never intended to permanently form part of the structure. Common examples are an oven, paintings or a fridge. Occasionally they can be large eg a spa pool or garden shed. If it can fit on a truck, it may well be a chattel.
See More
January 2021

Amendments to the Residential Tenancies Act 1986

Vast changes to the Residential Tenancies Act, what landlords need to know of their rights and obligations to tenants. With the increasing number of New Zealanders renting, Parliament has seen it fit to make changes to the Residential Tenancies Act 1986 ("the Act") to ensure renters are occupying warm, dry and liveable properties. The reformed Act looks to strike a balance between providing security and stability to tenants, while protecting landlord interest. It is important that landlords have an understanding of the new obligations and responsibilities the amended legislation imposes upon them, along with the penalties they may incur if not followed.
See More
October 2019

Update on recent amendments of the Real Estate Agents Act 2008 and recent decision of the Real Estate Agents Disciplinary Tribunal

Real estate agents or salespersons seeking to challenge a Complaints Assessments Committee's finding of unsatisfactory conduct need now to be aware of a shortened appeal period.
See More

To get in touch call or email us to see how we can help you.

Contact Us