We can help you stop the violence. You do not have to accept family abuse and violence. Family violence includes physical, sexual and psychological abuse.

At McVeagh Fleming we understand you may urgently need protection and safety for you and your family members. Immediate action can be taken under the Domestic Violence Act 1995 (Act). Under the Act, a Protection Order or Police Safety Order can be taken out for you against your partner.

If you think you need a protection order against someone who has used physical, sexual or psychological abuse against you, please contact us to discuss your options. Our experienced team will give you the advice and support you need. Do not hesitate to contact us if you think you need immediate guidance; we are here to help in any way we can.

Recent Insights

September 2021

What are my Options if I Wish to Separate From my Partner During Alert Level 4 Lockdown?

The combination of isolating within one bubble along with additional financial stress, changes to childcare and working from home can bring personal relationships closer or unfortunately, push them apart. Breakdowns in personal relationships can add an additional layer of stress to an already difficult situation. However, it is important to remember that help is available.
See More
June 2019

Changes to Protection Orders From 1 July 2019

From 1 July 2019, changes are being made to all Protection Orders, including those made before this date. The Family Violence Act 2018 repeals and replaces the Domestic Violence Act 1995 and modifies the Care of Children Act 2004 as part of ongoing efforts to tackle domestic violence issues in New Zealand with the aim of providing faster, more effective protection for protected persons and increasing accountability and compliance by respondents.
See More
January 2019

Applying for a Protection Order

When you apply for a Protection Order you are applying to be protected from violence and harm caused by another person to you. To qualify you must be or have been in a domestic relationship with the violent person ("the respondent"): ie have been in a close and personal relationship, are the parents of, related to through blood or marriage, etc.
See More

Contact us for help - call or email.

Contact Us